Friday, August 6, 2010

Some honest to goodness running!

I sucked it up and joined a gym! Possibly because I realized the marathon I'm signed up to run is in a little over 2 months(!! ) and I just can't handle the heat. I ran twice now: 3 miles Wednesday night and 2.5 today. Baby steps. My body is still in shock. It can't really believe I'm doing this again.

After the 3 miles (which came at night after working both jobs), my asthma kicked in and my legs were sore. I thought I was going to die the whole time. It didn't help that the branch of the gym that's open late is right next door to my favorite bar and it was pint night. I was pretty proud of myself for passing that one up.

I managed to fit in 2.5 at lunch today. My lungs and body felt great this time. I think that one run was enough to shock them back into things. No feeling great, however, was my stomach. Things I learned about running on a treadmill: 1) It's nice to be able to hop off and go to the bathroom at any point instead of having to wait until mile 3.4 for the public restroom on my regular run. 2) There's no cropdusting. If you stink up the joint, you just have to keep running in it. There's no moving on. Luckily the gym was fairly empty so no one had to join in that lesson with me. I figure my body should get with the program by this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Heh. I haven't heard the term cropdusting in a while. Need to start using it again.

    Congrats on getting back to it. Good luck with your training and a belated welcome back to the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fit in 2.5 WHAT at lunch? Busboys?

    ReplyDelete